Thursday, December 3, 2009

How can I get a set in Mascara stain out of my Towels?

Not for certain how long the stain has been set in. I just started noticing the stains within the past month. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have used oxy clean and tide (towels are soaking right now) and I am not for sure if it's working.How can I get a set in Mascara stain out of my Towels?
Things You鈥檒l Need:


Sponge


Dry-cleaning solution


Laundry detergent


Water


Rubbing alcohol


Ammonia


Step1Put a small amount of dry-cleaning solution on a sponge, and gently dab at the stain to lift it from the material.


Step2Mix a 1 tsp. mild laundry detergent with 1 cup of warm water. Put on sponge and blot mascara stain with solution. Use a second sponge with water only to blot after, and repeat the steps until the stain has lifted.


Step3Use rubbing alcohol on a sponge, and blot the stain until it lifts. Rinse the sponge with water, and blot with the water filled sponge to rinse thoroughly.


Step4Make a solution with 1 tbsp. ammonia and 1/2 cup water. Blot this solution on the stain, and rinse with water. Repeat several times to remove the mascaraHow can I get a set in Mascara stain out of my Towels?
I would use shout stain remover, but if you have already washed and dried the towels then you most likely wont get the stain out. Also maybe look into using non waterproof mascara that will also take care of the problem. Hope that this helps.
bleach them it always works with me
if theyre white bleach them
i always have this problem :) put vanish on it and then put it in the wash
  • borrow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    website hosting