Thursday, December 3, 2009

What mascara has the longest shelf life?

Which mascara do you know that could last the most or more than three months? Thanks!What mascara has the longest shelf life?
None.


They can all ';last'; for more than 3 months.





The 3 month rule is based on hygiene, because the tube breeds bacteria as soon as you use it. For a mascara to last for longer than 3 months, it would have to contain an antibacterial ingredient that prohibits bacterial growth. Which, to my knowledge, does not exist.





The seasons thing works; Unless you live in a place where every season is basically cold other than summer which is a sauna.





And to the idiot below me: Did you fail science class? Water will promote bacteria growth.What mascara has the longest shelf life?
Technically, the Maybelline Great Lash mascara has lasted me since last December, but only because I don't like the formula and never use it. It pretty much sits in my drawer unused, but I could still use it if I wanted to. I should probably just throw it out.





But as others have already stated, the general rule is to throw out your mascara after 3 months, simply to be sanitary. Think of all the germs that sit and brew in that tiny little tube.
My mom bought me ';Extra Super Lash'; from Rimmel quite awhile ago, sometime during the school year, so I'm not sure exactly how long I've had it, but since May and I've been using it on and off...I like how it can look natural or dramatic because you can apply more coats without it being clumpy. I also like how my lashes don't feel brittle...the formula is creamier and a little blacker than other mascaras in my opinion, and I think the (almost) wetness of it makes it last so long :] I'll be switching to another mascara because I want a bit more volume, but I'm surprised by this one!
Some mascaras last even six months, but if you want to prolong the life of your mascara for just a little longer, try adding a little water into the mascara tube. As for which brand or product of mascara, I'm not sure. I think they are all set for a standard time to last.
There is no such thing. Mascara will get gunky and germy after a while because of the germs from your eyes. I suggest you change your mascara when the seasons change.
no such thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting