Monday, June 21, 2010

Does covergirl eye brightening mascara really work?

I have plain brown eyes, and I've always dreamed of something like this.


But does it really work?


It seems to good to be true.Does covergirl eye brightening mascara really work?
I have the kind for blue eyes. It doesn't really make them any brighter but it's a really good mascara formula. It actually seperates them and lenghtens them without clups. It's a really good mascara but it doesn't make your eyecolor ';pop';.Does covergirl eye brightening mascara really work?
I am a makeup artist.





As with most cosmetic advertisements, especially mascara, there's a lot of photoshop and other effects applied to models to ';enhance'; their features even more than the makeup can.





I have not used this mascara, but just by looking at the Covergirl Exact Eyelights website, I can tell you that the eyes they show on their have been heavily photoshopped. No one's eyes are THAT bright, even with makeup. The only way to get super bright eyes is with contacts.





There are tricks to making your eyes stand out, but unfortunately, tinted mascara is not really one of them. Unless you have super thick and long lashes, the ';colored'; mascara won't even really be distinguishable. Your best bet is to use a shadow and liner that suits your eye color, they will be MUCH more visible and have a greater impact on brightening the eyes than anything else.





Green eyes: Pinks, Pink-Golds, Bronze, Dark Olive-Browns, Purples, Red-Based Browns.





Blue eyes: Peaches, Bronzes, Copper Browns, Yellow-Based Browns.





Brown eyes: Pinks, Pink-Golds, Purples, Plums, Light to Medium Blues.





Hazel eyes: Dark Browns, Black, Light to Dark Blues, Plums.





Always be sure to curl your eyelashes too, this opens up the eyes greatly, and will help your eyes pop more.





Here is a review I found for Covergirl's EyeLights Mascara:


http://www.thefashionablehousewife.com/?鈥?/a>





Hope this helps! :)
I've heard a lot of great reviews from customers at the drug store I work at. I've heard it was amazing, I haven't tried it yet though.
no it sucks! i want my 7 dollars back. i have brown eyes too, and rihanna looks so good and it sounds like an awesome idea.
Nope. My friend has it and she has brown eyes. She said it doesn't work
idk i like it..but i have blue eyes..
I heard it was bad.


I wouldnt buy it.
it Doesn't work !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting