Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How can I prevent a smeary mascara application?

When I apply mascara with a regular mascara wand, it tends to smear all up into my eyelid. I am a girl who applies mascara with a mirror held below my eyes with my head tilted back and my mouth open. I have average length eyelashes, and I use black mascara. It seems like my eyelashes are getting brushed onto my eyelids when I apply mascara. I would like to find a technique to prevent a smeary mascara application without having to switch to a different mascara. Thanks for your help!!How can I prevent a smeary mascara application?
apply from the top, not bottom, it won't push your eyelashes up, and also don't put the mirror so low, it makes your eyelashes seem longer so the wand might be touching your eyelid, OR if your mascara doesnt dry fast you might want to try closing your eyes for a few seconds to let it dryHow can I prevent a smeary mascara application?
Look up slightly so your lids are closed a bit. Going from the lash line to the tips of your lashes, wiggle the brush to avoid clumps and smears. You can also just use a bit of tissue to cover the areas that are getting smeared.
Use a credit card [or something similar sized] and hold it above your lashes against your eyelid when you apply your mascara, that really helps a whole lot... there are some eye tools sold in japanese beauty stores that do the same thing... sheild your eyes..it's caled ';eyelash guard';.
Wait till it dries but whtatever you do, don`t buy waterproof mascara! It makes your lashes fall off.





Don`t blink very hard in the day. Blink so your top lashes touch your bottom lashes slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting