Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How long should I keep my mascara?

I've been told that I should only keep mascara for three months. Is that true, or can I keep my mascara longer? Cause some of the mascara I have are from last year, and they're not finished yet, but I don't really find that they're clumpy and they don't give me infections. Plus, I can't possibly finish my mascara in such a short time - I have like seven bottles and I choose different ones each day.





And is it the same for eyeshadow/eyeliner? How long should I keep my mascara?
Not true at all!





Mascara has the shortest life of all cosmetics, I'd say 6 weeks MAX!





To heighten the length of the life of your mascara, store it in the fridge while you don't use it.





Eyeliner, it depends on the type. If it's a pencil, usually when you're done, it's done. Liquid is like mascara, so I wouldn't keep it for over 6 weeks. Eyeshadow generally lasts much longer, but I presume you use brushes to apply it. Those should be washed every two weeks - and that should keep your eyeshadow from being contaminated and lasting longer.





Cheers.How long should I keep my mascara?
three months max. there are mites living on your lashes that you can't see, they're microscopic. once you apply mascara the mites and bacteria transfer on to your mascara brush. over time the mites and bacteria will breed in the mascara tube because they love damp and dark places.. and if you put on that mite and bacteria filled mascara onto your eye, you'll get an infection.
You can keep it up to six months. I would suggest sticking to one kind and using it everyday until its out this way you want have to worry about getting an eye infection. Also smell your mascara if it has an odd odor coming from it then you really need to throw it out because that means bacteria has started growing in the tube. Hope this helps.
I just use my mascara untill it runs out or gets clumpy and never have had any problems with infections etc. I really don't think eyeshadow or eyeliners have specific dates to be used by because i've had some of my eyeshadow and eyeliners for more than 2 years and i still occasionally use them with no problems
Every time you put that mascara back into the tube you are pumping in and pulling out bacteria that can cause an eye infection. Do not use mascara from last year. You have a little more leeway with eyeshadow as it doesn't actually go near the opening of your eye.
3 months, if your eyes aren't to senstive you could use it for longer but sometimes it can irritate your eyes. Or get clumpy.





For eyeliner and eyeshadow I mean you dont have to but I would just because bacteria can go in so mostly just for hygen
You should keep it for three to four months.


Even though you can't see it, over time, bacteria builds up in your mascara. It may not cause an infection right away, but it can in the long run, and using old mascara can ruin your eyelashes.
i have herd that too except i usually keep my mascara a little longer usually about 5 months. Never a year though. I know one of my friends kept hers for a year and a half and she got an infection from it.
mascara: 3 months


foundation: 6 months


eyeliner: one year


lipgloss: 1 year
get some new mascara after three months. Still wair it but in three months get new mascara bye



2 seconds






3 months is the maximum time for mascaras


after 3 months then you should replace them

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting