Monday, November 30, 2009

How do you get waterproof mascara out of clothing?

I dropped my waterproof mascara wand on my fave pair of khaki pants a week ago. When I got home from work, I sprayed on Oxy stain remover spray and then washed them. When I took them out of the dryer the next morning, the stain was still there, and just slightly lighter. How can I get this stain out?How do you get waterproof mascara out of clothing?
Unfortunately, since it's been through the dryer, it's probably been set in the pants. I'd just continue with the oxy stain remover spray and washing it. Airdry it if the stain is still there, then wash again in the same fashion. Eventually it'll come out.How do you get waterproof mascara out of clothing?
I agree with pipsiwa - Goof Off is the best answer. I didn't know a bottle of WP mascara was in my laundry until AFTER I dried an entire load - everything appeared RUINED! Some things couldn't be saved, but Goof Off did work VERY well on polyester and pulled out most of the stains on cotton. LUV IT Report Abuse

wit dug cheet or kat pisz
try dabbing pure eucalyptus oil on stain and wash in cold water
Oh that stinks. I have done something similar to that before. I think you should bring them to the dry cleaners. Hope the stain comes out!
Hairspray and was.
I would try a product sold at most hardware stores called ';Goof Off'; it comes in a yellow can with red lettering.....I've used it to take off paint from my clothing....you just lay the garment out and squirt some of the product on the stain and use an old toothbrush to scrub....then let sit for 10 minutes, scrub again if necessary then wash in COLD water.....check the stain before drying....the dryer sets the stain in the clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting