Saturday, November 28, 2009

How to apply mascara correctly on bottom lashes without making them chunky?

I have very dark, long, curly eyelashes which everyone is in love with. Yet I like to apply mascara just to volumize it and give me a glowing look. Yet since my eyelashes are full and dark when I apply mascara (I use l'oreal telescopic mascara0 it gets easily smudged and it dries too quickly before I can fix it and it ends up that I have to clean it all up and start over! I need some advice on how to work on it, I have school and I dont have the time to go through this every morning.How to apply mascara correctly on bottom lashes without making them chunky?
side to sideHow to apply mascara correctly on bottom lashes without making them chunky?
first thing, buy a new mascara. Try a higher end brand such as Diorshow mascara. If you dotn have the money, get the Classic green and pink Mabelline mascara or Loreal Volumizing mascara.


Get an empty tiolet paper tube, and with your mascara wand, take off all the excess mascara onto the tiolet paper roll. Squiggle the wand back and forth between your bottom lashes and viola!
Try the new Uplifting Mascara by AVON! It has a bendable brush that is truly unique! And they work great!





www.youravon.com/lngo
DO NOT tap your eyelashes repeatedly with the brush...I don't know why people think it's effective, all it does is give sickeningly chunky looking lashes like Tammy Faye's were.





Take a few seconds and do what the brush was made for...touch the brush/wand to your lashes and simply slide it down the lash and if necessary, underneath as well. I don't need more than 3 passes to get that whole bottom lashline. Don't try to LAYER the mascara, it usually just clumps up and looks awful. Just cover the top and the underside of the lashes rather than going over and over the top.
Well you can try getting a new mascara that's waterproof, so you don't have to reapply it, or if you still want to use the telescopic mascar you can buy a make-up eraser pen ( by Revlon)





i love to but mascara on my bottom lashes too, this is what i do:


take you mascara wand and open your mouth to make an 'o' ( sounds weird but, it makes it easier to apply, trust me)


gently wiggle the wand back and forth from your roots, and pull through to the ends of your lashes.


or:


smile ( like you want your cheeks to touch your bottom lashes) so that your bottom lashes stick out ( it sounds wired too, but it will make it easier to apply)
Virtual Makeover. It's free, super easy and fun. It shows you how to apply your makeup and play with colors to find a new look you will love. Just click http://marykay.com/mgunther2
I use a side to side swishy but downward motion.


But I come from underneath.


I hope that makes sense, lol.
You should really get a new mascara.


But if you're stuck with this one, then I reccomend taking a Q-tip and wiping it over your eyelashes after you're done.


Softly to remove those chunks.


Or clean the brush with a tissue lightly to remove excess before you even coat it on your lashes.
I have long eyelashes too, and I'll tell you right now if you try to ';swipe'; it down your lashes you will end up pressing the tips into the skin underneath--hello, black smudges. I take the mascara and swirl the wand around the edge to wipe off the excess, and keeping my eyes open and still I go a little bit side to side. Keep in mind though that you will still have some sticking together sometimes, or where it pokes on your cheek. Anything thin can unstick them if you are careful, and invest in a makeup eraser for those underneath smudges. They can take off a little dot or two but I wouldn't use it for a bigger smudge because I think it would smear. The key is you have to go a little bit slower or you will end up spending too much time fixing. Oh, and when I do the bottom lashes I look up until they dry, and for the top ones I hold my head down and look up until they dry--but I don't do the top ones until the bottom ones are dry. Having long eyelashes takes a bit more work. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting